Friday, February 15, 2013

It's about the Journey

I am in the midst of starting a new church. This is the second time that I have meandered down this road on my journey. The first sojourn was in 1991 for the United Methodist Church and lasted for 11 years until I was appointed by the Bishop to a 150 year old church.

I could not let go of the desire to start another new faith community. It is a passion that fills me with joy, that completes me, that uses every gift that I have and uses those gifts in new ways. So, following my passion, I am in the midst of starting another journey on the spiritual trail; literally. I am starting Journey Church a new ministry of the United Church of Christ.

Here is a video that expresses the awe that I am feeling and my answer to the question raised in the video is "Yes! I am enjoying my story." In fact, I am filled with joy on this journey.

A story for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

emergent god


e·mer·gent (ĭ-mûr'jənt) adj. Coming into view, existence, or notice

god (gŏd) n. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.


______________________________________________